Communicating well is about conveying a clear message from one person to another. Simple, yet easily forgotten.
I often work with highly educated people who have a wealth of knowledge. But when they sit down and try to present that knowledge to a wider audience they fall into jargon, clichés, and endless acronyms. It might be important information, but if nobody wants to read it, where’s the value?
This is often because some fundamental questions have never been considered. Who is your target audience? What are you trying to tell them? What do they want to hear? Are you speaking to them in a way that they will understand? What are your long-term strategic goals?
If you are struggling to get people to understand your company, then maybe a strategy consultation could help.
Together, we will examine:
- The problem your audience needs solving.
- Who you’re speaking to – and what they really want to hear.
- How to present the message – whether it be through video, text, infographics, images, webinars (the list goes on).
- The channels you want to use, and the ones you should be using.
- How to plan, schedule and manage content.
- How to differentiate your content from others based on your unique selling points and company strategy.
- A content distribution plan.
- And finally, goals and KPIs for the next year/two years/five years.
Want to know more? See further examples of my work with content marketing.