Communicating is about sending a message from one person to another. Simple, yet easily forgotten.
I often work with people who are very highly educated and have a wealth of knowledge. But when they sit down and try to present that knowledge to a wider audience they fall into jargon, clichés, and endless acronyms. It might be important information, but if nobody wants to read it, where’s the value?
This is often because some fundamental questions have never been considered. Who is the target audience? What are you trying to tell them? Are you speaking to them in a way that they will understand?
If you are struggling to get people to understand your company, or even read what you are putting out there, then maybe a communication strategy consultation could help.
Together, we will examine:
- Who you’re speaking to – and what they really want to hear.
- The problem your audience needs solving.
- How to present the message – whether it be through video, text, infographics, images, webinars (the list goes on).
- The channels you want to use, and the ones you should be using.
- How to plan, schedule and manage content.
- How to differentiate your content from others.
- And finally, content goals for the next year/two years/five years.
Want to know more? See further examples of my work with content marketing.